Chestnut bread

10 July 2015

Today I have a little cooking post for you. I have been eating gluten free for nearly 18 months. I was suffering from repeated migraines, headaches, sinus infections and other smaller ailments. I went to my GP and he couldn't find why I was having all these complaints. One of my friends suggested I cut out gluten. Since I haven't had a single sinus infection and only one migraine. At one point I was having 2-3 three sinus infections a month.
I love baking and have started building up a recipe list of gluten free products. 

Chestnut bread:

Serves 8-10
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Rest time: 30 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes

Ingredients:
430 ml/14.5 fluid ounces water
30 ml/ 2tbsp olive oil
5 ml/ 1tsp cider vinegar
3 eggs
100 gr/ 3.5 ounces chickpea flour    3.5 ounces
125 gr/ 4.4 ounces tapioca flour
100 gr/3.5 ounces rice flour
50 gr/1.8 ounces chestnut flour
125 gr/ 4.4 ounces potato starch (you can switch for corn starch if you want)
12 gr/ 2.5 tsp salt
20 gr/4 tsp coconut sugar or cane sugar (or honey)
10 gr/ 2tsp psyllium husk
15 gr/1 tbsp dry yeast
50 gr/1.8 ounces  walnuts
50 gr/ 1.8 ounces pecan nuts
oil to grease the tin


Mix water, oil, vinegar and eggs in a bowl with a mixer.
Mix in a separate bowl chickpea flour, tapioca flour, rice flour, chestnut flour, potato starch, salt, sugar and psyllium husk.
Add yeast. Mix the dry and wet ingredients for 2 minutes. Add the nuts at the end. For into a cake tin (around 24-26cm long) and put a clean towel on top. Leave to rest for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350 °F) and bake the bread for 35 minutes. Check the temperature in the centre of the bread with a cooking thermometer. It should be 90°C (194°F). If after 30 minutes this isn’t the case leave in the oven for a couple minutes longer and check again.
Once baked, take out of tin immediately.


No comments :

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs