Nut bread

27 July 2015

I am always trying new ideas to find the perfect gluten free bread and I have already built up a small collection. Before I went gluten free I loved eating whole meal bread and especially loved nut bread with some French cheese so I went on a quest to find a gluten free recipe. I search high and low but never managed to find one which I liked so I decided to make my own. Now baking gluten free bread isn't easy and if you are used baking bread in a traditional manner, you'll be surprised that the batter if often quite runny but fear not this recipe is one of my favourites and it makes a moist and delicious bread. 

Ingredients for the bread dough:

FOR 25 SLICES
430 ml / 1 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp water
30 ml 2 tbsp olive oil
5 ml / 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 eggs
25 g / 5 tsp chickpea flour
125 g / 5/6 cup  millet flour (or brown rice flour)
125 g / 1/2 cup tapioca flour
125 g / 1/2 cup potato starch
12 g / 2 tsp salt
20 g / 1 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
10 g / 2 tbsp psyllium husk
15 g / 1 1/2 tbsp dry baker's yeast. 

Mix water, oil, vinegar and eggs with a mixer. Mix the different types of flour, starch, salt, sugar and psyllium husk in a separate bowl. Add the yeast to the dry ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix and mix for 2 minutes. 

You can add nuts, seeds and dried fruit to this bread dough.
For my nut bread :
100 gr/ 1 cup dried cranberries
50 gr/ 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
50 gr/ 1/2 cup pecan nuts (whole)

Add cranberries to the bread dough. Chop up the nuts and add. Mix the dough. It will be quite runny, don't worry about that. 

Grease a cake tin (24-26 cm/ 9.5 - 10 inch) , add the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes. 

Bake in for about 35 minutes in a preheated oven. (180°C / 350°F). Check with a cooking thermometer. The bread must have a temperature of 90°C / 194°F in the centre. Take it immediately out of the tin and let it cool. 

1 slice = 



1 comment :

Yvonne said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm also looking on the perfect gluten free bread and cake.
Have a nice weekend.
Yvonne

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs